Sunday, January 27, 2013

And So It Begins…


Finally, I have arrived at my blog post for today. It is unreal… my first day of school is tomorrow! I remember going to registration this past Wednesday and being faced with the most unusual title: I’m an international student. No longer is it a title reserved for Chinese, Indians, Koreans, etc. but it is a title that also reflects Americans as well when we go abroad.

Being an international student, that means that I have students from even more countries such as Holland, Germany, Italy, and others.

The only class that I’m officially registered for right now is Irish Cultural Studies from 4p-6p on Mondays. I have to set up the rest of my schedule tonight but, fortunately, we do not have to formally register until two weeks into the semester so I have time but I want it done tonight so I can get an idea about all of the courses I am taking this semester.

The apartment situation may be taken care of in the near future or as a prolonged process but all I can do now is just take it with stride and fight on with the upcoming challenges of school, which includes developing my thesis.

Also, as shown in one of my photos on Facebook, my group and I got stopped in the middle of Dublin to do an interview for a video they are creating for energy sustainability. It was basically based around a video called ’50 People 1 Question’ on YouTube. It was really interesting and it was cool to be a part of the video at such an opportune time.

Hopefully, it will be something interesting to watch in the final product haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment